Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cicadidae

About a week back or so ago I saved my little cicadian friend from drowning in the pool. I happened to have my point and shoot camera and decided to take some pictures. I've never seen a cicada this close and alive. I think he was a little stunned from the chlorine, but he did end up flying away in the end.....

Just a suggestion: these are some pictures you want to click on to enlarge



Help me, help me! You can see the vacuum in the background...that's what I was doing when I found him...and no it isn't my pool =(


Here's looking at you kid


Almost looks like plastic here because I used the flash.


I enjoy this shot a lot, something about the fore and backgrounds


He's worth about 2 cents in length

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,

Wow that little point and shoot of yours is pretty darn good for macro! These are great shots...you are starting quite a collection of little friends....
Babs B.

Doug said...

Very impressive Kevin. Great shots -- Doug