Monday, September 15, 2008

My Poor Broken iPod

While mowing the lawn this evening I took a gander at my iPod, which was in my front right pocket, and noticed that the screen was WHACKED!!

So, just a little bit ago I started my research as to how I'm going to get this fixed. I found a really cool site that had a how to video describing the LCD replacement steps. It has full narration throughout. I was like, what the hey, Apple doesn't fix broken screens and it's $45 with shipping for the replacement from the site. So, I ordered it, the site is: HERE

I'll give you all an update once the new screen comes in.

Oh ya, just for fun (actually to ensure that I could do it before I ordered a new one) I took my iPod completely apart. Enjoy the pics and pray that your eyepawd doesn't see the same fate....



Completely taken apart, if you look closely you can see the 6 micro screws...they were sure tiny!


The screen after it has been broken, taken apart, and then put back together.

I can't wait for my new screen!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are you trying to kid?!? You know you want a whole new updated ipod. You'll get the part, fix it, then you'll need an Invisible shield to protect the new screen. Convincing yourself that you just need to purchase a whole new one. Few months, I guaranteed you'll have a new one!

216 Blogs said...

Nah, you got it all wrong. I have to get it back working and by this time next year I'll have the new **250gb, wireless, 50+ hour batter life, 5.5 inch widescreen, TOUCH iPod**