Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Lens

I saved up a little extra money and splurged on a new lens for my Nikon D80. I ended up ordering a "Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO Macro Motorized Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon SLR Cameras" for $185.00. I even had a $50 gift certificate to apply, therefore only $135! WOOT!

Anyways, I've only been using my kit lens that came with the D80, its a 18-135mm. I really like the lens, but I've always wanted more zooooom. I thought about ordering the Nikkor lens equivalent, but it's almost $600! I couldn't justify paying that much for a lens, not for what I do with photography. I mainly like to print 4x6's and make photoalbums and of course this blog =)

Enjoy my new, bestest moon shots...


Click above to view an image straight from the camera.


Click above to view the previous image post-processed. I cropped the image, therefore a zoom is applied on top of the 300mm lens. I also adjusted the color/contrast a smidge.

So what do you think? Could I have gotten better by spending the extra dough? Perhaps, we'll see....

No comments: